07. Mac Lipsticks // Persian Rugs

MAC LIPSTICKS 





سلام



I decided to share my two current favourite lipsticks at the moment. I will probably be posting my favourite make up products soon, or a lipstick collection, but that will have to wait.

I only own two mac lipsticks currently, which I bought with some birthday money. After selecting from the massive range Mac has to offer, I chose these lipsticks in particular. I knew I wanted a lipstick, since they are slightly cheaper than the rest of the products, and I knew I would get a lot of wear out of them.

I tend to wear different shades of nude, and from time to time, some dark lipsticks. However, I opted not to buy a £15 dark purple lipstick that I knew I wouldn't wear everyday.








MAC LIPSTICK - SPIRIT

Spirit is in a Satin Finish, which supposedly means it isn't entirely glossy, nor is it matte. It depends though on how it is applied. I generally apply it over a lip liner to make it appear more matte, but it could be applied with lip balm underneath, or a gloss over it which would make it more shiny. I personally find the finish a good mix between matte and glossy, since I'm not fond of the shimmery look. It's moisturising and has a good application.







MAC LIPSTICK - TAUPE

As you can see, both colours seem quite similar, although Taupe is a little darker than Spirit and has a matte finish. Both lipsticks are a more brown toned nude, which I feel a lot more drawn to at the moment. Again, the lipstick has a nice application, and despite being matte, it is still moisturising and doesn't dry out my lips. Some might find it a little drying though, but to avoid this, you must ensure your lips are hydrated. Apply lip balm a few minutes before applying and you shouldn't end up with the chapped lips look. I would advice to leave the lip balm on your lips for a while so that 1. it can actually have time to moisturise your lips and 2. so that the lipstick still has a matte finish. Applying balm beforehand might make it slightly glossy. 





(Close up on Spirit)
[The close up on Taupe wasn't in focus - sorry]

لبيبة

0 comments:

Post a Comment